Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Dree Hemingway: "I still prefer Fitzgerald to Hemingway"


American model and actress Dree Hemingway talks to Ellie Pithers about shoes and famous relations.

BY Ellie Pithers | 18 February 2013 - The Telegraph

Dree Hemingway stars in the spring/summer 2013 Esprit campaign with Chinese model Liu Wen
Dree Hemingway stars in the spring/summer 2013 Esprit campaign with Chinese model Liu Wen Photo: Esprit/Terry Richardson

Dree Hemingway, 25, is an American model and actress, and the great-granddaughter of Ernest Hemingway. Her mother is the actress Mariel Hemingway. Dree has appeared in campaigns for Jean Paul Gaultier, Valentino, Gucci and Tory Burch, and modelled for Vogue , i-D , Harper's Bazaar and W . This season she is the face of Esprit, starring alongside the Chinese model Liu Wen in a travel-diary-inspired campaign shot by Terry Richardson. When we met on set in Rome on a crisp autumn day, she was full of praise for the photographer. 'It's not about posing with Terry; he just makes you feel like you're hanging out with your friends.' 

On her great-grandfather I've started to read Hemingway's Boat [by Paul Hendrickson] and it's really inspiring. Embarrassingly enough I don't know that much about my great-grandfather. I was inspired by his letter-writing from his travels, so I attempted to keep a diary of what I was doing but I found it weird. I cherish my experiences inside, rather than having to log them, because then it sounds like an itinerary.

Full article

No comments: